Saturday, May 14, 2011

Team In Training Kick-Off

Whoo hoo! It's official I am on my way for my first marathon and I am pumped! Okay, I am a little scared and worried I am taking on more than I can handle but I'm determined to push through and make it to the end. 

I remember when I signed up for my first Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk 4 years ago and I thought I must be crazy. Granted I practically had to crawl across the finish line but I made it. Over these last 4 years the experience just gets better and better. I'm always learning new little tips on training and preparing better for the walks. So on my 4th year as a walker I excited to experience not just 1 but 2 walks this year in my usual San Diego walk and my 2nd in Atlanta. I am walking in Atlanta with a great group of walkers that I met through twitter and I feel blessed to be part of the team.

So with the Team in Training I’m excited to not only get some great training, fundraising for a wonderful organization “The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society” but I will also get some awesome training for my Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walks and additional fundraising ideas… Win Win!

I will be off training on Monday so check back and I’ll let you know how I’m doing :)

Thank you so much for your support!

~Lisa

No comments: